Montag, Oktober 11, 2004

About bruises and blue sky

On the weekend I went to my first dingy-sailing race since one year! After we had solved some issues (lacking joint of the rudder blade, lacking spinnaker,...) , we just in time made it across the starting line almost 5 minutes behind the others had started. And: we could catch up with the field! And we improved in each race. We were quite satisfied with the result considering the last race we sailed together was one year ago. So, first I had to remember how to sort my feet and the sheets for not tangling them again and again. Having worked that out I think I had forgotten how to change sides since I kept bumping against the center-board with the result of having my shins bruised all over. Nevertheless, it was good fun and a great feeling to hang in the trapeze again. The weather was great; quite chilly, but blue sky and a nice breeze.

After having sat in the lab and having looked through a microscope all day my eyes are really sore now. And sitting in front of the screen is probably a bad idea now.

0 Comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home