Home among the gum trees
Thanks to Ant I have a cute Australian song in my head, which I can't get rid of. I think, all the other sailing instructors can sing it by now, especially Michi ;-)
Home among the gum trees:
I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more
I've seen the sights, I've had delights on every foreign shore
But when my mates all ask me the place that I adore
I tell them right away (what do we tell 'em)
Give me a home among the gum trees with lots of plum trees
A sheep or two, or a kangaroo
A clothes-line out the back, verandah out the front
And an old rocking chair
You can see me in the kitchen, a-cooking up a roast
Or Vegemite on toast, just you and me, a cup of tea
Later on we'll settle down and mull up on the porch
And watch the possums play
Give me a home among the gum trees with lots of plum trees
A sheep or two, or a kangaroo
A clothes-line out the back, verandah out the front
And an old rocking chair
There's a Safeways up the corner and a Woolies down the street
And a brand new place they've opened up where they regulate the heat
But I'd trade them all tomorrow for a single bush retreat
Where the kookaburras call (coo-coo-coo-coo-ka-ka-ka-ka)
Give me a home among the gum trees with lots of plum trees
A sheep or two, or a kangaroo
A clothes-line out the back, verandah out the front
And an old rocking chair
Some people like their houses with fences all around
Others live in mansions and some beneath the ground
But me, I like the bush, you know with rabbits running 'round
And a pumpkin vine out the back (here's your turn)
Give me a home among the gum trees with lots of plum trees
A sheep or two, or a kangaroo
A clothes-line out the back, verandah out the front
And an old rocking chair
Give me a home among the gum trees with lots of plum trees
A sheep or two, or a kangaroo
A clothes-line out the back, verandah out the front
And an old - rocking - chair
And here is some evening exercise for you guys. Gestured (as follow) go along with the song:
Give me a home
Hold your arms over your head, coming up to a point at the hands. This is the roof
among the gum trees
Hold your arms slightly up, spread your fingers, and move your arms right and left. You're a gum tree.
With lots of plum trees
Wiggle your fingers and wave your arms slightly to indicate the plums.
A sheep or two
Hold your hands to each side of your head with your index fingers pointed up
and a kangaroo
Hold your arms up tight in front of your chest, wrists limp and fingers curved so that they point back down to the ground. Hop a couple times. Hm, you're a kangaroo!
A clothesline
Hold your arms out in front of your chest, right forearm across your left arm
out the back
Point your right thumb out and bend your arm up to point behind you with your thumbs.
Veranda out the front
Your right arm straight forward, move it from the left side to the right side
And an old rocking chair
Hold your arms out to each side like they're resting on the arms of a chair. Rock back and forth at your waist.
Have fun
0 Comments:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home